Cleaning Requirement Summary
Wash and rinse - Weekly
Lubrication - Twice Weekly
Condenser clean - Weekly
A full clean down, sanitisation and seal lubrication of your slush machine should be carried out every week, or every 500 drinks - whichever is the soonest.
The quality of the slush syrup used is also important. Sugar is the key ingredient in quality slush syrup as it's the sugar that acts as the antifreeze on the freezing barrel. If you are tempted to purchase so called 'cheap' slush syrup, you run the risk of causing damage to your slush machine by placing duress on the motor gearbox due to the sugar content being lower.
1. Turn the slush machine freeze/refrigeration switch to the off position
2. Drain out any remaining slush
3. Fill your slush machine with clean, lukewarm water and a suitable mild detergent
4. After 15 minutes, drain and discard the water, then repeat step 3 with fresh water
Disassembling the slush machine to lubricate parts;
5. Turn the agitator switch to the off position and turn off the main power switch and unplug the slush machine from the power socket
6. Remove the tank lids and wipe clean with warm, soapy water. Do NOT immerse the tank lids in water
7. Remove the tank by gently lifting the front then carefully sliding free from rear (Cofrimell/SPM unscrew front panel before removing bowl)
8. Once the tank is free, slide off the plastic spiral agitator/spindles from the cooling cylinder
9. Remove the large round seal at the rear of the slush barrel and soft seal on the drive shaft
10. With a mild detergent and warm water, wipe all the machine surfaces down
11. Remove the tap assembly by pulling out the locking pin and remove the O-ring/plunger and/or seal from the draw handle valve
12. Wash all parts in warm water and detergent (available from HT Sweets), rinse and allow to air dry
Re-assembling your slush machine;
1. Lubricate the O-rings, seals and plunger with food safe petroleum grease (available from HT Sweets)
2. Insert the draw valve assembly into the bowl and hold in place with the tap handle and secure the handle with the locking pin
3. Lubricate the inside of the soft seal and slide it into position on the slush machine drive shaft
4. Place the large round seal on the rear of the cooling system
5. Lightly lubricate the silver bush located in the front of the bowl
6. Lightly lubricate the outside of the silicone seal on the drive shaft
7. Slide the agitator/spindle onto the freeze cooling cylinder
8. Slide the bowl/tank cover over the agitator and align it with the large rear seal at the back of the freezing cylinder
9. Align the agitator with the silver bush in the front of the bowl by lifting the agitator whilst sliding the bowl into position
10. Ensure the bowl is set in position with the slot in the front sides of the bowl's base, locked over the machine edge
Your slush machine is now ready for use
The compressor is a major component of the slush machine and one of the most expensive components to replace. Damage can be caused by the compressor overheating. To avoid this from happening, make sure the machine is positioned in a well-ventilated area. Allow at least a 20cm space all around the machine. Never allow the vents on the machine to be obstructed.
The condenser can be accessed inside the side panel (which is easily removed). It collects dust and grease from the fans and if not cleared can cause problems such as stopping your solution freezing.
To clean (which allows air to circulate), remove the side panel and brush through with a soft brush. A vacuum hose can also be used.
❆ Make sure the rubber bungs and seals are not damaged and inserted properly
❆ Make sure they have also been lubricated at least weekly. This creates an air tight seal
❆ Replace the rubber seals once or twice a year.
Slush mix not freezing
❆ Make sure the syrup to water ratio is correct
❆ Airflow - The machine needs 20cm of clear space at each side and the back
❆ Condenser - Must be cleaned every 2 weeks. If a layer of dust/debris is present, this will stop the airflow which will not allow the machine to freeze the mix